False teacher Chuck “Jesus is not the only way but He sure is a bigot” Currie took a break from taking little girls to gay pride parades* to proclaim that no ministry ever really followed Jesus until it advocated for oxymoronic and anti-biblical “same-sex marriage.” Note his title: World Vision Opens Doors; Follows Jesus:
Three cheers for World Vision! The Christian organization, which works to fight poverty, announced this week they would no longer prohibit open gays and lesbians from being employed. It is what we’d expect from followers of Jesus.
Of course, that’s the opposite of what you’d expect.** What we would expect is that a perverted wolf like Currie would be such a transparent liar about the Gospel.
The lectionary reading this past Sunday was John 4:5-42. We find Jesus in this story doing the unexpected: talking with a Samaritan – and a woman at that. This broke all the social rules of the time but Jesus’ ministry broke down walls of exclusion in favor of inclusion. His was a ministry of reconciliation and justice.
So God’s prohibition against sex outside of a one man, one woman marriage is just a “social rule?” Indeed.
World Vision president Richard Sterns told Christianity Today that the decision not to exclude gays and lesbians from the organization was “symbolic not of compromise but of [Christian] unity.”
WV’s pre-emptory capitulation was a sad day and a rejection of authentic Christianity.
The motto of the United Church of Christ is: “That they may all be one.”
We need one another in this troubled world. In fact, we cannot survive without one another.
That’s just gibberish. Words like that to justify “same-sex marriage” and homosexual behavior would justify polygamy, polyamory, bestiality, pedophilia and more.
. . .
Let’s end the culture wars and live out the Gospel teachings.
Chuck obviously doesn’t know the real Gospel.
* He only showed one picture. Were the rest like this parade or this one? How would you know until after you had destroyed the innocence of the children?
** The Bible couldn’t be more clear. Bible-believing Christians and even two out of the three types of pro-gay people (religious or not) can see these truths:
- 100% of the verses addressing homosexual behavior describe it as sin in the clearest and strongest possible terms.
- 100% of the verses referring to God’s ideal for marriage involve one man and one woman.
- 100% of the verses referencing parenting involve moms and dads with unique roles (or at least a set of male and female parents guiding the children).
- 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to homosexual behavior in a positive or even benign way or even hint at the acceptability of homosexual unions of any kind.
The three general types of pro-gay theology people:
- “The Bible says homosexuality is wrong but it isn’t the word of God.” (Obviously non-Christians)
- “The Bible says it is wrong but God changed his mind and is only telling the theological Left.” (Only about 10 things wrong with that.)
- “The Bible is the word of God but you are just misunderstanding it” (Uh, no, not really.)
2 thoughts on “Over the top wolves say you don’t follow Jesus until you are pro-gay”
WV’s decision is a mess. They actually say that they might employ “Christians” in “gay marriages”, but not other gay people or non-Christians. It’s a political calculation to try to appease all fronts, rather than having any kind of principle.
Currie is just a demon pretending to be something better.