Some good news from my former denomination: Talk Grows of Liberal Exodus from UMC. Alternate title: “Non-Christians threaten to leave church.” And people think this is a bad thing . . . why? It would be the best thing to happen to the Methodists in 100 years.
Since last spring’s General Conference, there has been an unprecedented mushrooming of talk of liberal exodus from the United Methodist Church. For all of the surrounding frustration, that landmark event in Tampa, Florida was an apparent turning point in the struggle for the soul of our global denomination.
Delegates affirmed the denomination’s official teaching that sex is “only” for marriage and that homosexual practice is “incompatible with Christian teaching” (¶161F of the Book of Discipline) by a significantly larger margin than the previous General Conference. For the first time, activists opposed to biblical teaching ultimately gave up on even contesting UMC policies aligning required behavior of clergy and denominational officials with this stand.
More good news: There’s hope for civilization:
You have to look outside the Beltway, of course, but occasionally there’s a glimmer.
Pat Wesner is a mother of four, with one grown, disabled son in her care and another serving in Afghanistan. On Tuesday, she stumbled on the perfect crime when $11,000 fell off a Brinks truck with no one around to see it.
But she returned the money, because it didn’t belong to her. What a concept!
Now, meet 18-year-old Indiana man Jhaqueil Reagan, who walked 10 miles in the snow for a job interview at Dairy Queen to support his brothers and sisters, and was well rewarded for his efforts . . .
Liberal thinking hasn’t poisoned everyone!
The Magical Word “Women” – A great lesson in politics and how Republicans are stupid when dealing with the Democrats’ games. The Dems just throw in a word like “women” then add all sorts of awful things to a bill then shame Republicans into voting for it. How hard would it be to distribute talking points to all Republicans along these lines?
- You don’t need Federal laws against spousal abuse (or any kind of abuse). State and local government have those covered.
- “It expands the definition of domestic violence to include causing “emotional distress” or using “unpleasant speech.”” – this makes it overly broad and open to all sorts of (ironically enough) abuse.
- “It ostensibly nullifies the legal presumption of innocence until proven guilty.”
- The bill also expands the law’s reach to give tribal Indian authorities jurisdiction over non-Indians accused of abusing Indian women.
- “It would grant more visas to illegal immigrants who are victims of domestic abuse.” So we are going to take on everyone in the planet who lodges an accusation of abuse? And we’ll do this when we don’t even take people suffering from religious persecution?
Don’t let Leftists and fake Christians play out their equivalent of the shrill Helen Lovejoy “won’t someone please think of the children/women” falsehood.
Once again, see how non-Christians/non-Catholics/fake Christians think they have a say in the selection of the next Pope.
There is much that good people of faith can disagree with Pope Benedict on: his attacks on the rights of women and gays and lesbians, and the failures of the RCC under his leadership to deal with the child abuse scandal.
- “Attacks on the rights of women” = opposing the crushing and dismembering of innocent but unwanted human beings. Oh, and nearly all gender-selection abortions kill females for the sole reason that they are female. Still not sure how that qualifies as pro-women. Shame on the “churches” who insist that it is a human right to be able to kill babies.
- “attacks on the rights of gays and lesbians” = believes what God says in the Bible and opposes oxymoronic “same-sex marriage.”
- “child abuse scandal” – you mean the one perpetrated and covered up by the huge homosexual underground in the Church? Yes, we oppose that, too.
Why Are We Not Talking About America’s $123 Trillion In Unfunded Liabilities? – another example of Republicans being stupid at politics. It isn’t just the National Debt, it is the off-balance sheet liabilities that must be dealt before we destroy this great country.
Another sad story of how deadly political correctness can be. Note that when they are discussing criminal acts, “Asian” = Muslim
For all the phony hype about bullying, here’s a real bullying story that doesn’t seem to be getting much traction in the media. I wonder why:
The devastated family of a nine-year-old boy who hanged himself say he took his life after racist taunts by Asian bullies.
Caruso noted that such “objectification of children” is of a piece with the IVF mentality, where aborting inconvenient children is both routine and encouraged.
North Carolina’s Civitas Institute has revealed that the North Carolina State Board of Elections and the Obama campaign conspired to register at least 11,000 people via the internet in violation of state law. This has been confirmed through records requests filed with all of North Carolina’s 100 counties. The counting is not yet complete.
North Carolina does not allow online voting, but according to Civitas, SBE staff authorized an Obama campaign website, Gottaregister.com, to use a web-based registration program. The SBE’s chief lawyer responded to the charge with a plainly disingenuous 1984-newspeak answer:
Wright repeatedly denied that the SBE allowed online voter registration, insisting that it was “web-based voter registration” instead, as if there could be a “web-based” process that wasn’t online.
My biggest concern is that their successful voter fraud will, as with other criminals, embolden them to do larger and larger frauds.
Even more good news: How privatization turned the worst-performing NHS hospital around – Capitalism works. Socialism and Communism do not. History has spoken, but people are too ignorant of it and of basic human nature.