Bitter much? Some good thoughts on dealing with resentment.
Great piece by Randy Alcorn highlighting the many false beliefs of Mormons (and why they aren’t part of the Christian church) and why he will vote for Romney over Obama.
Yes, their doctrines really do teach these things, even if many of their newer members don’t realize it:
- God was once a man like us.
- God has a tangible body of flesh and bone.
- God lives on a planet near the star Kolob… The sun receives its light from the star Kolob.
- God the “Heavenly Father” has at least one wife, our “Mother in Heaven,” but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her.
- Jesus was married.
- There are many gods, ruling over their own worlds.
- We can become like God and one day rule over our own universes.
- Jesus and Satan (“Lucifer”) are spirit brothers, and they are our brothers—we are all spirit children of Heavenly Father
- Jesus Christ was conceived by God the Father by having sex with Mary, who was temporarily his wife.
- Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a “pre-existence”, during which we were tested; our position in this life (whether born to Mormons or savages, or in America or Africa) is our reward or punishment for our obedience in that life.
- The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. All humanity before the Great Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah and the other survivors to the eastern hemisphere.
- If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.
- A righteous Mormon will actually see the face of God in the Mormon temple.
But as Alcorn notes, you should still vote for Romney. Obama displays no fruit of Christianity and he is a pro-abortion zealot, incompetent with economics, appoints bad judges, is trampling religious freedoms and is a lousy leader.
I’m with Randy, and Martin Luther:
Christians are not needed for secular authority. Thus it is not necessary for the emperor to be a saint. It is not necessary for him to be a Christian to rule. It is sufficient for the emperor to possess reason.
Death panels are real: Rationing Takes Its Toll Under British Socialized Medicine — As It Will Here — Too bad Romney isn’t hitting harder on this topic. It is the inevitable result of socialized medicine.
It isn’t much consolation, but in a sense Olive Goom didn’t die alone. Bureaucrats have told general practitioners to cut expenses by putting 1% of patients on the “death list.” Yes I’m serious:
GPs have been asked to select one in every 100 of their patients to go on a list of those likely to die over the next 12 months.
The patients will be singled out for ‘end-of-life care’, potentially saving the NHS more than £1billion a year.
Parents support abstinence education — Almost 60% of Democrats and more than 70% of Republicans oppose President Obama’s efforts to eliminate all funding for Sexual Risk Avoidance Abstinence Education.
Yes, Obama was taught to destroy the middle class. If you have never heard of Saul Alinsky then you probably don’t know about Obama’s worldview. This is one of those “so bizarre that people wouldn’t believe it” things, but the data is all there. The media just isn’t telling people about it.
Have you heard anything in the liberal media about all the threats to assassinate Romney? Yeah, me neither.
Let’s see, it is really bad that Romney is wealthy via his hard work and business skills, but it wasn’t bad that John Kerry was really rich because he married someone who inherited wealth from someone who worked hard. No class warfare here, folks. Just move along.
It was bizarre how Obama said that gas prices were low under Bush because the economy was bad and are high now because the economy is supposedly good. How can his followers believe that?
Despite what the President said, Planned Parenthood still doesn’t do mammograms. But he’ll repeat what he knows to be a lie to advance the “war on womyn” meme and the media will talk about Romney’s shoes or something. Romney and his supporters should continually remind people that Obama & Co. are forcing pro-lifers to pay for abortions. That isn’t pro-choice, that’s pro-abortion, and even most pro-choicers oppose that.
Weight loss through real food — I recommend skipping any food claiming to be “diet.” Just eat more natural things.
Friendly reminder: The government makes more from gasoline than the oil companies do.
Global warming ended . . . 16 years ago — it is sad how many people still believe the Leftist meme about how it is real and how humans are causing it, and how the only solution is for us to redistribute wealth and take a major reduction in our standard of living (but oddly enough, the leaders get to keep all their stuff).
Tar pit shows complete absence of evolutionary change — false predictions from Darwinism. Again. Ask yourself if the media gave equal time to this compared to recent fossil finds that allegedly supported evolution (then quietly went off to obscurity).