This has been one of my most popular pieces picked up in search engines, so I thought I’d refresh it.
Have you voted? I voted yesterday, for McCain / Palin. This election matters a lot. Yes, God is in control, and He can make good come out of bad, but we should never avoid doing all the good that we can. And voting for McCain is a far superior moral position than voting for Obama.
It is not over! If just 6-8% of the people claiming to support Obama are in the category of “I’m not racist, but I don’t like to be called racist” (i.e., the “Bradley effect”), then McCain can win. And that assumes no ground is made up otherwise and that the young people actually turn out to vote for Obama.
P.S. The voting was crowded, so the volunteers asked me to tell all the Obama supporters that their voting day was getting moved to Nov. 11. Just kidding! Probably!
Also see The scariest part about Obama
McCain is significantly better than Obama in every key area:
- Pro-life – McCain has a track record of supporting good judges, while Obama is one of the the most extreme pro-abortion advocates I’ve heard of (and that is not an exaggeration – just keep reading). Consider his bizarre standards for judges: Instead of picking people who can interpret the law honestly, he wants this: “We need somebody who’s got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it’s like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it’s like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that’s the criteria by which I’m going to be selecting my judges.”
- McCain has much better fiscal policies. Obama wants to take your money to give to his pet projects, but donates a pittance himself. Giving other people’s money at the point of a gun is not charity. “Spreading the wealth around” is socialism, and it doesn’t work.
- We’ll be far, far safer with McCain. Obama is relatively clueless about foreign affairs, would have us surrender in Iraq and set the Middle East progress back 50 years, and is so naive as to think we could or should eliminate nuclear weapons.
- His energy policies will keep the cost of fuel up for decades. McCain knows we need to drill now and get nuclear plants started asap. This will provide jobs, reduce greenhouse emissions and reduce energy costs for us all.
- Obama is anti-free speech. Watch how they try to annihilate anyone who dares to even question him, such as Joe the Plumber. He and the Democrats will want to impose the deceptively named Fairness Doctrine, so they can try to silence conservative radio while leaving the grossly biased mainstream media untouched.
- “McCain pays his female staffers more, on the average, than his male staffers; Obama, however, pays women $0.83 for every dollar earned by men.”
- Obama is not about change at all. He is about the same old liberal politics. McCain is the poster boy for real change – whether you agree with the change or not – and for reaching across the aisle.
- Obama lies when saying he’ll reduce taxes for 95% of the people. Nearly half don’t pay taxes, so it is impossible to lower theirs. He is just talking about more welfare.
- He will be pro-gay marriage. Just wait.
Barack Obama, hero and “savior” of the left, isn’t just pro-abortion, he’s pro-partial birth abortion. 80% of the population disagrees with this stance, so be sure to tell others. Just Google “obama partial birth abortion letter” or something similar if you want more sources. He is against informed consent and parental notification. In his world, your junior high daughter needs your permission to take an aspirin but not to have an abortion.
He reveals his deceptiveness and/or ignorance with his latest ads trying to say that McCain will make abortion illegal. But overturning Roe doesn’t make abortion illegal. It returns the power to the states – to the people – and lets them decide. California, Massachusetts, NY, etc. can keep killing the unborn all they like.
He also defended the rights of hospitals in Illinois to let children die outside the womb by repeatedly opposing the Born Alive Infant Protection Act against infanticide and he is against parental notification laws.
He lies over and over on his views. He is as radically pro-abortion as one can be. Read this thorough analysisby Randy Alcorn to see what I mean.
In his July 17, 2007 speech to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund he said,
“We know that a woman’s right to make a decision about how many children she wants to have and when— without government interference—is one of the most fundamental freedoms we have in this country. . . . I have worked on this issue for decades now. I put Roe at the center of my lesson plan on reproductive freedom when I taught constitutional law. . . So, you know where I stand. . . The first thing I’d do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That’s the first thing that I’d do.”
If you don’t know about the Freedom of Choice Act, it was written by the most radical proabortion activists because they saw informed consent and parental consent laws being passed at the state level. They wanted something powerful that would dismantle anything that could serve to reduce abortions through requiring that people be told the truth before an abortion or before their sixteen year old, who can’t be given an aspirin without their permission, can have an abortion.
Here’s a piece on the audacity of being an abortion survivor. Remember, Obama doesn’t just see the right of unrestricted abortions in the Constitution, he sees the right to a corpse. If the abortion fails, then that shouldn’t be a barrier to a dead human.
Obama is lying about others lying– will the MSM check the facts and let voters know his real stand on abortion, partial birth abortion (aka infanticide) and his opposition to the Born Alive Infants Protection Act?
Obama wants change . . . except when it comes to abortion as birth control, inside the womb or outside it.
Obama wants you . . .
- to pay for abortion!
- to sanction the killing of infants born alive!
- to believe that pregnancy is a “punishment”!
- to accept partial birth abortion!
- to forget his close association with radical abortion groups like NARAL and PP!
- to endorse liberal activist Supreme Court Judges that support abortion in the 9th month!
- to embrace a culture of death!
Listen to his own words, plus his silly comment about the question of when life begins being above his pay grade:
He couldn’t be more clear about his plans:
See The Infanticide Shibboleth for more. Simply put, Obama is super-duper pro-abortion, and pro-infanticide as well.
He doesn’t even hide his hostility towards preborn human beings. Consider this quote (emphasis added):
“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.”
News flash: Sex has consequences – emotional, physical and spiritual. Destroying – and I do mean destroying – the evidence doesn’t take the consequences away.
Despite being portrayed as a moderate, he is also against traditional marriage, including the Defense of Marriage Act.
He has bad theology, thinking that other religions will get you to Heaven (of course, our current President is guilty of saying this nonsense as well).
More hypocrisy: He wants to take lots of your money for his pet liberal causes, but donates a pittance himself. Once again, folks, charity is when you give your own money, not when you force others at gunpoint to support your causes.
I can’t believe he threw his grandmother under the bus. If anyone uttered “typical black person,” their political career would be over. Yet he gets a pass for saying, “typical white person.”
Updates: Click here for a long list of reasons why he would make a bad President.