Campaign financing tidbits you may not hear about from the mainstream media:
1. Richest hedge fund managers gave 98% of contributions to Democrats
2. Gulf Oil Spill: Guess Who Was The Top BP Donation Recipient?
. . . do you think Obama will return the money as he goes on his demonization bender against BP? Will the media call for the return of the money? Will anyone on the Left whine about Obama being a big oil man, like they would if Bush was president? Yeah, right, on all three.
Obama was also the top recipient of Exxon Mobile money in 2008. And Chevron. Hmm.
Obama using the word “teabaggers” now — Classy. Now why would someone committed to civil discourse use a completely irrelevant pejorative referring to a largely homosexual sex act? Is he homophobic?
Why I hate the pill — interesting read on the not-well-communicated side effects. Hat tip: Jill Stanek
The Bigotry of ‘Progress’ — well reasoned post on (oxymoronic) same-sex marriage by the Other McCain
Insofar as homosexuals sought only liberty and tolerance, they met little resistance, as even the most conservative Americans take pride in their “live and let live” attitude. Yet Americans balked when it was argued that the logical extension of such tolerance required recognition of homosexuality as the basis of a legal and political identity.
Amazingly stupid comments speculating on the identity of the Times Square bomber
So according to Bloomberg, Dreyfuss and Brewer, the profile of the guy who attempted to bomb Time Square was:
– Home Grown (born and/or raised and/or naturalized in the U.S.)
– Mentally Ill
– Has a Political Agenda (presumably against the Obama administration)
– Dislikes Obama’s Health Care bill
– Tea Party Member
– Anti-Government Right
– Bigotted against people from other countries and people with different skin colors
Weird. It turns out that the guy in custody ACTUALLY fits THIS profile:
– From Pakistan and naturalized a year ago
– Received training in Waziristan
– Has political/religious agenda (against the U.S.)
– Hasn’t mentioned his opinion (and presumably doesn’t care) about Obama’s health care bill
– Hasn’t mentioned any support for (and presumably disagrees with) the Tea Party movement
– Is certainly anti-U.S. government, but not in the way they mean
– Seems to be bigoted against people in the U.S., no matter their skin color or background