Not surprisingly, people like race-baiting false teacher Chuck “Jesus is not the only way” Currie missed the point entirely.
Unlike 2008, I saw zero direct outreach to faith communities from progressive organizations this election cycle. via “Democrats Stung By Huge Losses With Faith Voters”.
There are several likely reasons why the Democrats lost these people of faith.
1. The voters probably realized that the 2008 outreach was phony. As Chuck concedes, the Democrats didn’t reach out to them in 2010. That’s because they don’t really care about religious people and their concerns! They just said whatever they had to in a cynical attempt to win them over. And it worked. Once.
The Democrats took religious people for granted like they take blacks and other minorities for granted. If someone only comes by when they need you and ignores you the rest of the time, then they don’t really care about you.
Note the subtle racism of the “get out and vote” messages to blacks. They assume that blacks will automatically vote Democrat, so all they do is encourage them to vote. But why should they vote Democrat? Oh, right, because if you oppose Democrats you must be a racist.
2. Voters may have realized that “progressive” what the Democrats really meant was taxpayer-funded abortions, teaching kindergarteners how “normal” homosexual and transgender behavior and parenting is, government confiscation of businesses, massive job losses and more. In short, they mocked everything that most people of faith believe and what all the holy books say. See Iowa Voters Toss Out Three Supreme Court Justices Who Imposed ‘Gay Marriage,’ for example.
3. Voters got tired of being told that they:
- hate African-Americans
- hate Latinos
- hate gays
- hate women
- hate Jews
- hate Muslims
- hate the poor
- hate America
- are fascists / Nazis
- are just like the Taliban (That’s one of Chuck’s personal favorites. How ironic that he can’t understand why no one will play with him.)
- are theocrats
- are stupid
- are hate mongers
- are insane (yeah, because opposing trillion-dollar payoffs to Democrats, taxpayer-funded abortions, etc. means you are crazy)
- are violent extremists
- are cowards
- are “teabaggers” (a silly sexual slur)
Ya think that might have had something to do with authentically religious people not rushing out to vote Democrat?
Normally I’d fear giving the opposition a playbook for performing better in the future, but I’ve learned that Progressives don’t learn these lessons well. Exhibit A: Chuck’s next post had advice for what they need to do to get the Progressive agenda back on track. Guess what priority 1 was: “Commit to Taking Down FOX News.”
You just can’t make this stuff up. I’m looking forward to 2012.
Update: Guess who was most fair and balanced last night — Fox or MSNBC? Fox, of course. No wonder the Progressive must take them down!