Update: A good list of questions for the teachers. Despite their Helen Lovejoy impersonation (“Won’t somebody please think about the children?!”) it is obvious who they are really thinking about.
The teachers, says reader Tom, keep claiming that it’s all “for the kids” yet their actions here prove that the kids are last on the list as teachers worry more about safeguarding their unions, their high salaries and lucrative benefits.
So if the teachers care about the children, why are they:
- With Schools Closed, special meals for kids have stopped. Aren’t leftists all worried about feeding poor kids? Do kids have to starve while teachers involve themselves in political rallies?
- Many kids whose parents work will now be home alone while parents are at work. Why don’t these leftists care that kids are dangerously unsupervised?
- Many low income families rely on after school programs to help their children. Now this help has been closed by the actions of leftist protestors.
- Other families are now losing pay as they have working family members that are now staying home because their kids are not in school. This hurts families.
- All the days that have been missed will now have to be made up at the end of the year and this will cost the schools even more to stay open more days. These extra days will also disrupt families.
- Did the kids taken from schools to attend the protests last week have parental permission slips filled out? Why did the unions and teachers put the kids safety at risk just to benefit their own salary and benefits?
- If teachers are claiming that they are all about service to the community, why don’t we just pay them what we pay our soldiers? They shouldn’t mind that, right?
- If government is the solution to all America’s ills and the supporter of kids, how is it that teachers shutting down state government and Democrats running away to other states to hideout is helping fulfill that charge?
These are just Twitter feeds. They don’t begin to capture the hatred from the rallies in Wisconsin. This is what happens when people get entitlements: They get vicious when someone tries to take away even part of them.
Just like in Ohio, the irrationality and immaturity of the pro-union crowd is astounding.
Where is the “civility” crowd now? Is this all Sarah Palin’s fault? Why are Presidents Bush (41) and Clinton doing a civility gig in Arizona when those shootings had nothing to do with political discourse?
Hat tip: Lone Wolf Archer