The Christian Left Blog is anti-Christian, oxymoronic and hypocritical. For starters, they actively advance their side of the “wedge issues” of abortion and “same-sex marriage” while pretending that we should just give up. Unrestricted, taxpayer-funded abortion was the #1 theme at the Democrat National Convention and “same-sex marriage” is the #1 issue dividing denominations — and not because the Bible-believers are trying to change things.
It is highly disingenuous of them to pretend that the church was pro-abortion and pro-gay theology for 2,000 years and then these mean conservatives came along to drive a wedge.
They are so sloppy and anti-scientific in their language. “Reproductive choice” is a popular euphemism for abortion, but 100% of abortions kill unwanted human beings who have already reproduced. Don’t let them get away with putting a positive spin on death.
Predictably, they tout “marriage equality” but same-sex unions are not and will never be equal to real marriage because by nature and design they can never produce children and can never provide a mother and a father to a child.
The Bible couldn’t be more clear. Even non-Christians and two out of the three types of pro-gay theologians* can see these truths:
- 100% of the verses addressing homosexual behavior denounce it as sin in the clearest and strongest possible terms.
- 100% of the verses referring to God’s ideal for marriage involve one man and one woman.
- 100% of the verses referencing parenting involve moms and dads with unique roles (or at least a set of male and female parents guiding the children).
- 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to homosexual behavior in a positive or even benign way or even hint at the acceptability of homosexual unions.
And their slogan includes a straw man as well. No one is claiming that homosexuals aren’t autonomous and don’t have the right of free association.
They use tired, horrible arguments like these:
If you don’t like abortion, don’t have one. But don’t judge others who may be in terrible circumstances that you can’t possibly understand. Especially when your judgements are based on a politically motivated and questionable interpretation of the Bible (at best).
Slave owners used the same argument: Don’t like slavery? Don’t own one. You could plug any crime in that sentence and it would be equally fallacious. Every time it would ignore the victim, just like their pro-abortion reasoning does.
Those who say, “If you’re a Christian, you have to be against abortion, and therefore you must vote republican,” are simply reciting talking points from false teachers.
False teachers?! Indeed. It is the theological Left that denies essentials of the faith — Jesus’ divinity and exclusivity, the authority of scripture, etc.
In the end, if abortion was such a grievous sin Jesus would have mentioned it. He said nothing.
Ah, the What Jesus didn’t say argument. I am embarrassed for people that use that. Here are the highlights of why that argument is so bad. Click the link for more.
- Arguing from silence is a logical fallacy
- Jesus is God and part of the Trinity that inspired all scripture
- Jesus supported the Old Testament law to the last letter
- The “red letters” weren’t silent on these topics in the sense that they reiterated what marriage and murder were
- Jesus emphasized many other important issues that these liberal theologians completely ignore (Hell, his divinity, his exclusivity, etc.)
- He was equally “silent” on issues that these folks treat as having the utmost importance (capital punishment, war, welfare, universal health care, etc.)
- He didn’t specifically mention child abuse and other obvious sins though that wouldn’t justify them
- Abortion and homosexual behavior simply weren’t hot topics for 1st century Jews. They actually thought that children were a blessing!
- And Jesus never said anything about the “sin” of criticizing homosexual behavior and abortion, so it must be OK!
* 1. “The Bible says homosexuality is wrong but it isn’t the word of God” (obviously non-Christians) 2. “The Bible says it is wrong but God changed his mind” (only about 10 things wrong with that) 3. “The Bible is the word of God but you are just misunderstanding it”