Wow, these people are the gift that keeps on giving! The contrasts to the Tea Party couldn’t be more glaring. We could run these 24×7 for the next year.
And here’s another set of . . . uh . . . well-informed critics who are not sure if Al Qaeda is Worse than Evangelical Christians.
Then there are these jewels about Communism.
In a better world the mainstream media would ask these fairly obvious questions.
1. What percentage of total income tax receipts should the top 1% of earners pay? Now, they might say something silly like 100%, because their overriding motive seems to be coveting. But it would be interesting to see if they would say a figure higher than 38% (the actual amount).
2. Did you know that Barack Obama got 20% of his record 2008 contributions from Wall Street? Did you know that he is the largest recipient of Wall Street donations ever? Did you vote for him? Will you vote for him again?
3. Do you approve of violent means to make the top 1% pay their “fair share” and/or to overturn capitalism?
Dear OWS folks: Please, please, please don’t go away. The more attention we get on you the better. Nothing could advance conservatism faster than people learning more about you.
I’d rather be part of the 53% movement (workers who pay taxes) than the 99% movement (covetous, spoiled whiners who fail at basic economics).
1. The OWS (Occupy Wall Street) movement is sad. I see lots of college-educated people who can’t see how ridiculous this movement is. They live in a liberal echo-chamber and never consume any conservative media, so they are hopelessly uninformed. They spout inane things finally making the rich pay, even though the top earners pay wildly disproportionate amounts of taxes.
2. They tend to be petty and bitter as well. They continually refer to the Tea Party by the “teabagger” pejorative. I guess they must be homophobes, because why else would they call conservatives the term of a gay sex act? Haters! Hate speech!
3. The anti-capitalists have rightly been mocked for using all sorts of capitalist tools to convey their message. And they’ll need capitalists to clean up the filth they are leaving behind.
4. Do they really expect us to believe that 99% of the country is poor? Have these people ever seen real poverty? They should get outside of the U.S. sometime. I’ve met countless people who would love to upgrade to being “poor” in America.
5. Sad but true. But they are the tolerant ones, right?
6. Their hero and leader, Barack Obama, got 20% of his record funding from Wall Street and he took more money from them than any candidate, ever. His fans don’t know that so they don’t see the hypocrisy.
7. This is not a grass roots thing.