The Prayer Mate app is a key part of my daily devotional routine, which currently looks like this:
- Read a page from The Valley of Vision, a book of Puritan prayers. These guys were intense and motivating.
- Go through my PrayerMate app. I have it set up with various categories, such as adoration, confession, gratitude, family, church, evangelism, current requests, etc., so I get a mix of prayer topics each day.
- Read a chapter of the Bible plus commentary notes. I love the chronological Bible reading plan or a plan that rotates between genres (i.e., the Pentateuch, history, Psalms, Proverbs, Gospel, letters, etc.). This gets me through the Bible every 1.5 – 2 years. When I finish, I start afresh the next day.
- Work through some memory verses on the Bible Memory app. Some days I do more than others. If I have downtime during the day I’ll go through verses then as well.
- Read another chapter of the Bible plus commentary notes.
I’m not good at “freestyle” praying. Having an app like this gives me the structure I need. It also reminds me to check in on people for whom I’ve been praying. You can easily add categories and individual prayer items. Best of all, it is free!
One thought on “Prayer Mate App”
Thanks for sharing