And second place isn’t even close.
This is an outstanding summary of why Christianity is not just the only way to salvation, but also the best worldview for women. I wish that at all the secular and “Christian” Left feminists like Rachel Evans would read it and stop whining about the “patriarchy.” They would rather attack Christianity than acknowledge how badly other religions and secular cultures treat women. They support porn, abortion, any LGBTQX perversion imaginable, rampant promiscuity, etc. In short, they mock God 24×7. (They are going to love living under Sharia law.)
Read 10 Reasons Why the Bible Regards Women Higher than All Other Systems for all the details. I included the text for #3, as it is the most relevant, obvious and bizarre example for our culture. Consider Robert Stacy McCain’s analysis of a sex columnist for Cosmopolitan magazine. She’s a feminist extremist, of course, and she’s considered an expert on sex and gets paid for dispensing advice. Yet by her own admission she has Herpes, has to fake orgasms, doesn’t really enjoy sex, is self-loathing, depressed, etc. Maybe someone will tell her the truth about Jesus and she can escape that secular/”Christian” Left madness.
1. Women are created in God’s image, making them infinitely valuable.
2. The Bible forbids the killing of women.
3. The Bible forbids the sexual exploitation of women.
It’s obvious our culture has a hunger for exploiting women. The insatiable devouring of pornography is proof. Pornography does not only involve the exploitation of women, but it is largely that. The current statistics from the National Center of Sexual Exploitation on pornography are incredible:
- 93% of boys and 62% of girls have seen pornography during adolescence
- 64% of people ages 13-24 seek out pornography weekly or more often. One site reports that in 2016, people watched 4.6 billion hours of pornography on its site.
- Analysis of the 50 most viewed pornographic videos found that 88% of scenes contained physical violence.
What is pornography conditioning boys, teenagers, and men to think about women? What is it setting them up for in their relationships with women? How is it preparing them for sacrificial, selfless, and loving marital relationships? How is it preparing them to parent productively and raise the next generation? What is it teaching them about the value of women?
This is a culture that largely exploits women. Doing so is totally forbidden in biblical Christianity, because the Bible regards women with great worth and sanctity (Matt. 5:28, 1 Cor. 6:18, 1 Tim. 5:2).
4. The Bible forbids men from sexual interaction with a woman prior to marriage.
5. The Bible holds husbands to the highest ethic of love for their wives.
6. The Bible prohibits men from marrying more than one woman.
7. The Bible forbids husbands from “falling out of love” with their wives.
8. The Bible commands people to consider women as more important than themselves.
9. The Bible prohibits men from divorcing their wives.
10. The Bible commands men to regard women with the highest moral purity.
You could add to the list of reasons why the Bible regards women higher than any other ideology in history (e.g. a woman’s command to influence humanity at its earliest, formative years, etc.). Despite the protestations of culture, God’s word remains the standard for one’s view of women. History has not, and will not, present a system of higher regard for women than Scripture.
2 thoughts on “Christianity: Still the worldview that treats women the best”
Very good points.
On the side, there is the perception in our world that men are scum and always leaving their wives. Used to be true; not anymore. In 1980 for every woman who divorced her husband 600 husbands divorced their wives. In 1990, it was 12:1 … in reverse. Today, more women leave their husbands than husbands leaving their wives.
So, the Bible forbids wives from divorcing their husbands, too.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Very good point you made there with your observation of Cosmo sex writer Carina Hsieh. These guys publish garbage and fantasy; God’s way in the end of the day is best.
LikeLiked by 1 person