Leftist — including “Christian” Leftists — tend to conflate issues and use false dichotomies rather than defend their views. They pretend that you are either fully on board with the pro-LGBTQX agenda or that you hate them all, or that you are either pro-taxpayer-funded, legalized abortion to the child’s first breath or you hate women. But there are some clear, simple distinctions they choose to ignore.
The Christian worldview is simple, Biblical and loving. For example, consider our responses to the following scenarios.
- If you are thinking of having an abortion: Don’t. It is a grievous sin to kill another person, let alone your child. Find a pregnancy resource center in your area. They will give you all sorts of help — for free! You are probably in a very complicated situation psychologically speaking, but the moral view here is simple: It is wrong to kill your child.
- If you have had an abortion: Forgiveness is possible through Jesus, but you must come to God on his terms — that is, to repent and believe in Jesus. I encourage you to get some post-abortion trauma counseling. Try a local pregnancy resource center — they usually offer it for free.
- If you justify abortions as moral and/or biblical: You couldn’t be more wrong. Repent of that evil. Please watch this to understand the basics of pro-life reasoning, the biblical basis for the sanctity of human life and how to respond to pro-abortion arguments, or go through this site. Advocating for abortion rights is evil.
Now on to the LGBTQX topic.
- If you are tempted by Same-Sex Attraction (SSA): Regardless of the root cause (abuse and/or bad relationships and/or rebellion) you’ll want to avoid acting out on the temptation. Do not hang out in person or online with “Christian” Leftists or others who will “affirm” your temptation and encourage you to act on it. The battle is hard enough without asking Satan for advice. Talk to your pastor to find people of your gender that would be willing to visit with you and encourage you.
- If you are acting out on SSA or other LGBTQX behaviors (or any sex outside of a one man, one woman marriage): Stop. It is sinful and spiritually, emotionally and physically destructive.
- If you are justifying same-sex acts as biblical: Stop and repent. That is God-mocking and evil. Get educated on what God’s word really says and stop agreeing with the world to maintain your popularity with it. Share the truth with grace.
So don’t let others pressure you to the side of evil because they have improperly framed the discussion. Just take a couple moments to show them that they are missing some key but simple distinctions.