The stupidity of pro-abortion reasoning is only surpassed by its evil. I obviously encounter tremendous amounts of it via the media, Internet and entertainment so it takes a lot to surprise me. But this is my entry for the worst pro-abortion religious argument ever. From a pro-abortion extremist on the thread of a Bill Nye the Science Lie post:
Plus, the Bible not only doesn’t condemn abortion, certainly anywhere near as bad a sin as murder, it prescibes several situations when and how abortions should be performed. Often with little regard forthe life of the mother. And they are unambiguously about proteting the property rights of the dominate male.
(I r eally wish I could provide a citation. But while I do consider the Bible an important book I dont claim to live my life the words contained within it. If anybody else can provide a citation I would be greatful)
Translation: “I heard some pro-abortion sound bites that mentioned that the Bible is cool with it, so I repeat that all over the Interwebs even though I’m too lazy/stupid/evil to actually research it myself or to even paraphrase them.” Not surprisingly, his secular pro-abortion arguments were just as well informed.
As usual, I know the pro-abort arguments better than the pro-aborts. Here are a few examples I shared with the commenter, noting: “You have a choice now: You can go get educated on the topics you reference, or you can publicly abandon any semblance of intellectual integrity and keep repeating them.” I also noted that if he got the Bible this wrong on abortion, then maybe he was wrong on the rest of it as well.
Keep in mind that the “Christian” Left uses these same arguments, just like the atheists.
1. Pro-abortion advocates often refer to a passage in Exodus 21 to support their views.
When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. (Exodus 21:22–25, ESV)
The short version is that the key word of the passage is sometimes not translated well and says “miscarriage” instead of “children come out.” It you study the original Hebrew it becomes very clear that Moses did not mean that if the child is killed that the penalty is less severe.
More here, with a listing of all the errors pro-aborts make with this passage.
2.. Another one of the texts pro-aborts refer to is Numbers 5. They butcher it as badly as they butcher unwanted children. That passage doesn’t even say the woman was pregnant, yet pro-aborts use it to rationalize abortion! It shows how desperate they are — as if they actually cared about what the Book of Numbers said.
You are welcome to show me in the Book of Numbers where it says the woman is pregnant (not there). Then you could show where she has an abortion (not there). Then you could show where God taking a life means that we can also take lives in the another fashion for any reason, including those of our own children (not there).
See this for more —
3. Oh, and don’t forget the “Jesus never said anything about abortion, so He approves of child-killing in the womb!” argument. The argument that Jesus never said anything about abortion (or homosexual behavior, etc.) fails on many levels. If a church leader uses it you can be confident that he or she is ignorant and/or malicious. Short version: Yes, He did say something about it, but the theological Left ignores or distorts it as they do with many things about Jesus and his teachings.
- Arguing from silence is a logical fallacy.
- Jesus is God and part of the Trinity that inspired all scripture.
- Note how Jesus defeats Darwinian evolution, oxymoronic “same-sex marriage” and same-sex parenting arguments in one simple passage. No true follower of him should disagree on any of those topics. Matthew 19:4–5 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”
- He supported the Old Testament law to the last letter.
- The “red letters” weren’t silent on these topics in the sense that they reiterated what marriage and murder were.
- He emphasized many other important issues that these Leftist theologians completely ignore (Hell, his divinity, his exclusivity, etc.).
- He was equally “silent” on issues that these folks treat as having the utmost importance (capital punishment, war, welfare, universal health care, taxpayer-funded abortions, etc.).
- He didn’t specifically mention rape, child abuse, pedophilia, bestiality and other obvious sins though that wouldn’t justify them.
- Abortion and homosexual behavior simply weren’t hot topics for 1st century Jews. They actually thought children were a blessing and they had laws against homosexual behavior.
- And the Gospels never claimed to include everything He said. John specifically notes that the whole world couldn’t hold it all! (John 21:25).
- And Jesus never said anything about the “sin” of criticizing abortion or homosexual behavior, so it must be OK!
4. And of course, use the “God said that life begins at the first breath so Jesus is OK with abortion” nonsense of the “Christian” Left. The “Christian” Left is far more extreme in their pro-abortion agenda than the average pro-choice person. They insist that life begins at the first breath and insist that Jesus is fine with killing unwanted children until that point. I realize how ridiculous their views sound and how many people must think I’m making a straw-man argument. But that is just because their own words are so clear and extreme: “According to the bible, a fetus is not a living person with a soul until after drawing its first breath.” More here about how to respond, with full, in-context quotes from them.
That is the sad state of not only the “Christian” Left, who uses all those arguments, but of the secular Left that is full of low information voters.
10 thoughts on “Worst pro-abortion religious argument ever. Seriously.”
God says that he knew us in the womb and that he has plans for us. From the *moment* of conception (and maybe before) it is GOD’S plan what happens to us.
God says that he wants us to be like him.
75% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) (http://miscarriage.about.com/od/riskfactors/a/miscarriage-statistics.htm). As sad as it is, only 25% of pregnancies are successful.Even though we don’t understand it, God knows what he is doing – this is still part of God’s plan.
The U.S. has the highest abortion rate (19.4 per 1,000) of any western industrialized nation.
God, who wants us to be like him, is aborting 75% of the babies; we’re only doing 0.0194%. We’re falling far short of his glory.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, you are such a clever little child-killer! We’ve never heard the miscarriage argument before. We should switch sides now! /sarcasm
I encourage those using the miscarriage argument to consider these distinctions:
A. Human being dies of natural causes (inside or outside the womb)
B. Human being is deliberately killed by a 3rd party (inside or outside the womb)
Miscarriages would be in category A and abortions are in category B. I think most people can see that they are significantly different.
We live in a fallen world. All sorts of nasty things happen now.
I assume by your name that you are a guy, which means you are one of those “bro-choice” sissies. Real men defend the weak. Sissies kill their kids and stand by while others do the same.
Women, don’t buy the lie that male pro-lifers are anti-women or can’t protest the evils of abortion. Read about “Bro-choice” and know the real reasons lots of young males support abortion rights. https://1eternitymatters.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/i-agree-with-the-bro-choice-guy-on-one-thing/
The early feminists knew this. You should know it, too. And keep this in mind when pro-abortion people insist that men should have no say in abortion. Have you noticed that they don’t try to shut up the men who support abortion? It is the same hypocrisy that has them trying to silence religious views they disagree with but never criticizing the pro-abortion extremists of the “Christian” Left.
LikeLiked by 1 person
And YOUR reply would be more persuasive if God hadn’t killed or ordered the deaths of 2,821,364 infants, children men and women according to the hard numbers (Lot’s wife = 1, plus 10 scouts = 11…) in the bible. That includes none of the babies killed in Noah’s flood since no number is given in the bible. Low range estimates for all the other deaths: 24 million. Get over yourself; your God loves death.
Oh, look, Danny got a Big Book of Atheist Sound Bites for anti-Christmas! What a joke. And he thinks he is actually making legitimate points. I’ll address one for grins then it will be Matthew 7:6 time.
Your exercise in adding up all the deaths from God is silly, as it would understate the figures: God is unapologetically sovereign over life and death, but He still holds you accountable for everything you do. So if you pay to have your child killed, that is one of the sins you’ll pay for in eternity in Hell — unless you repent and trust in Jesus, in which case He paid your death 2,000 years ago.
If you authentically seek God on his terms, you will find him. If you think you get to sit in judgment of the real God, you will not find him. If you “seek” a god of your own making, you will not find him – except in the mirror, and as you know that god has rather limited powers.
That may sound obvious, but think about how so many people in our culture think that all religions lead to God. Lots of false teachers in churches will tell you such things. People claim that they wouldn’t believe in a God who says that homosexual behavior is a sin or who sends guilty sinners to Hell.
They don’t recognize the absurdity of thinking something doesn’t exist just because they don’t like it or the idea that they can tell the real God what He must be like.
Consider if you went to a company for a job and demanded that they hire you on your terms. Hey, go ahead and ask for a million dollar salary and unlimited vacation. Ridiculous, eh? But only a tiny fraction as ridiculous as thinking you are going to tell God how things get done.
Or tell the cop who pulled you over that you set the speed limits today and that he is wasting your time.
Or tell your teacher that she has to give you an A+ even though you won’t come to class, do homework or take tests.
Better yet, go to McDonald’s and tell the cashier to give you your entire meal for $1 and see how that works.
People can’t even unilaterally dictate the terms and conditions to the person infinitesimally and momentarily higher than them on the cosmic food chain but they think that the one true God reports to them under the divine organization chart.
The rich young ruler walked away sadly when he didn’t like Jesus’ terms and conditions and Jesus didn’t chase after him to negotiate.
I recommend seeking God on his terms. They are unbelievably wonderful and gracious.
Your bro-choice / feminist argument is confusing. If I am male, I can only be pro-choice because of something that YOU choose? Help me out with the rest of the chart. If I’m male and I’m not pro-choice, what does that make me? If I’m female and pro-choice or pro-life what must I be then according to your rules?
“If I’m male and I’m not pro-choice, what does that make me? ”
You’d be a man, instead of the current sissy that you are.
I just love how you abuse Jeremiah 29:11 to promote your false understanding of not only the Bible and God, but of what abortion actually is. What an evil mind!
Seriously the Pro-abortionist side is reeking with poor arguments.
LikeLiked by 1 person
On a second, and hopefully less sore subject, is abortion for a baby who is going to be significantly handicapped (assume in vitro testing) …more acceptable?
Only for pro-death ghouls who would kill the handicapped outside the womb for the same reasons.