The pagans are being honest in celebrating the Supreme Court decision forcing their views on us regarding “same-sex marriage.” But it is repulsive watching the professing Christians do it.
One family we used to worship with at a different church has a nauseating picture of their house on a Facebook page, juxtaposing crosses on both sides of their front door with a large gay flag in the front yard. Apparently if your son turns out to be gay then homosexual behavior isn’t a sin anymore! Who knew? And he works with the youth at church, of course.
But none of these people are offering any thoughtful responses, just anti-biblical emotions and sound bites.
I loved this challenge from Douglas Groothius:
My challenge to self-identified Christians who support same-sex marriage:
1. Establish what your basis of moral authority is.
2. If it is the Bible, develop a biblical case for same sex marriage.
3. Identify the moral reasoning you are employing.
4. Put your argument in premise-conclusion form.
5. Rebut the major objections to your position.
6. Explain why your view was never held in the history of the church or endorsed by any religion or civilization until recent decades.
Don’t expect the “Christian” Leftists to take you up on it.