The wolves of the “Christian” Left are trying to profit off of the Memories Pizza issue, where a mom-and-pop restaurant received death threats and countless hateful and vile messages from the tolerant, loving Left merely for saying they would gladly serve gays but would not participate in a hypothetical “same-sex wedding.” But is the point of their “When Jesus fed the 5,000 He didn’t ask if there were any guys” meme accurate? Here are some questions for these false teachers:
1. Will you please show where you have spoken out against the death threats and hate speech directed against these people? Or are you saying that Jesus would agree with you on those tactics? Being silent on that would be bad enough, but you actually encourage it.
2. Do you affirm that Jesus really performed the miracle of feeding the 5,000? (Actually, it was much more than that, as the text notes 5,000 men but there were women and children as well. But you knew that, right?). I ask because you “Jesus Seminar” types typically deny and even mock the miracles of the Bible and insist that the authors were blasphemous liars for documenting them. Is this another case where you pretend to affirm a literal event when it suits you then claim the opposite when it doesn’t?
Example: When you pro-abortion extremists are trying to justify killing children up to their first breath* you affirm a literal Adam. But you mock that view when pretending Darwinian evolution is real and when denying the doctrine of original sin. Mark Sandlin denies the resurrection because no one saw the actual event, but his organization uses Adam’s first breath to justify killing 3,500+ human beings each day in this country.
3. If you affirm that Jesus did do this miracle, how do you reconcile that with your heresy that He is not divine?
4. Why do you disagree with Jesus, who clearly defeats Darwinian evolution, oxymoronic “same-sex marriage” and same-sex parenting arguments in one simple passage? No true follower of him should disagree on any of those topics.
Matthew 19:4–5 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”
Jesus is still asking them that question today, and the answer from the “Christian” Left is, “No, we haven’t read that” — or, rather, “We read that but didn’t like it so we ‘know’ you didn’t really say that.”
5. Do you realize that the 5,000+ were all sinners and that Jesus commanded them to repent and believe? Or is your claim that because Jesus fed them that they must not need to trust in him for salvation? Can you see why your meme fails to prove that homosexual behavior isn’t sinful?
6. Do you have any evidence of Jesus participating in or encouraging his followers to participate in pagan ceremonies? [Crickets chirping]
1 Corinthians 10:18–20 Consider the people of Israel: are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar? What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons.
7. Would you make a t-shirt protesting those who wouldn’t participate in wedding of the man and his father’s wife from 1 Corinthians 5?
*The “Christian” Left is far more extreme in their pro-abortion agenda than the average pro-choice person. They insist that life begins at the first breath and insist that Jesus is fine with killing unwanted children until that point. I realize how ridiculous their views sound and how many people must think I’m making a straw-man argument. But that is just because their own words are so clear and extreme: “According to the bible, a fetus is not a living person with a soul until after drawing its first breath.” More here about how to respond, with full, in-context quotes from them.