False teacher Mark “Jesus is not my God” Sandlin literally wept with joy at the latest abomination in his “church.”
My comment left at Love Wins in the PC(USA)! … Or Does It?
What a spectacularly clear picture: God-mocking false teachers literally cheering perversions in the church. Remember that the post above came from Mark “Jesus is not my God” Sandlin, who proudly denies all sorts of essentials of the faith.
Is it any surprise that someone like him would pervert the word love to celebrate what God calls sin? Here is his life (death?) verse: Jude 4 For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Note how Jesus defeats Darwinian evolution, oxymoronic “same-sex marriage” and same-sex parenting arguments in one simple passage. No true follower of him should disagree on any of those topics.
Matthew 19:4–5 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”
All over an issue in which the Bible really invests very little time or interest.
That is a weak rhetorical trick used by false teachers. Using that logic, bestiality is no big deal. It also ignores the flip side. The Bible couldn’t be more clear. Bible-believing Christians and even two out of the three types of pro-gay people* (religious or not) can see these truths:
– 100% of the verses addressing homosexual behavior describe it as sin in the clearest and strongest possible terms.
– 100% of the verses referring to God’s ideal for marriage involve one man and one woman.
– 100% of the verses referencing parenting involve moms and dads with unique roles (or at least a set of male and female parents guiding the children).
– 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to homosexual behavior in a positive or even benign way or even hint at the acceptability of homosexual unions of any kind. There are no exceptions for “committed” relationships.
– 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to LGBT couples parenting children.
Having said that, I believe that Christians should support and encourage those who are fighting same-sex attraction. And no one needs to grandstand on the issue before getting to the Good News of the cross: https://1eternitymatters.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/evangelism-experiences-1/ .
* The three general types of pro-gay theology people:
1. “The Bible says homosexuality is wrong but it isn’t the word of God.” (Obviously non-Christians)
2. “The Bible says it is wrong but God changed his mind and is only telling the theological Left.” (Only about 10 things wrong with that.)
3. “The Bible is the word of God but you are just misunderstanding it” (Uh, no, not really.)
4 thoughts on “Celebrating perversion in the PC(USA) “church””
Finding a good church can be difficult. These guys make that chore just a little bit easier.
These are the guys who will fail when the persecution comes. They are not believers and will not have the Spirit to help them! They will be weeded from the true Christians.
I’ve never quite understood the whole “All over an issue in which the Bible really invests very little time or interest” approach. How many times does God have to say clearly what He wants for His followers to wish to follow? Isn’t once enough? The Bible says far less about bestiality and child molesting, for instance, and no one in the “liberal Christianity” side are suggesting we ought to go ahead and indulge these items. On the other hand, the number of explicit statements regarding homosexual behavior and the vast number of explicit commands on all sexual sin ought to make it pretty clear, and “the Bible really invests very little time or interest” is nonsense, pointless, and beside the point.
Yes. It shows just how weak their position is when they resort to arguments like that. And their followers tip their hands at how eager they are to mock God when they accept them so easily.
Sent from my iPhone