@AnniseParker As a pro-#LGBT rights pastor, I see your actions as violating basic religious freedoms & playing into hands of LGBT opponents.
Stunning #Huston demanding copies of sermons. The political issue is irrelevant. Separation of church & state, folks. http://t.co/yNVWA55QNK
That’s pretty bad for Mayor Parker when an extremist like Currie calls her out, but kudos to him for doing so. What he doesn’t realize is that Parker et al can’t help themselves. The blind men — and women — of Sodom will continue to grope for the door, so to speak, regardless of the circumstances. It is their job description. If they could get away with it they’d arrest us all right now.
Genesis 19:11 And they struck with blindness the men who were at the entrance of the house, both small and great, so that they wore themselves out groping for the door.
I loved this from Danny in comments section:
A few things:
- I’d be really bummed if I were a Houston pastor and she didn’t ask for MY sermon notes.
- There IS a problem with politics in the pulpit, it can be found in any leftist church on any Sunday morning as the Democrat talking points are preached religiously.
- This is a foretaste of what is sure to come. China has its state approved churches too.
- I don’t think the tax exempt status will ever go away. It is way too effective. Why un-muzzle the ox?
- Currie probably has enough sense to know that such shenanigans will wake up a sleeping giant. I’m sure he likes having his politics exemption and doesn’t want it messed with. He knows that it’s there for the conservatives and when the conservatives cast it off there will be no reason to extend it to him… cause everybody knows he’s gonna preach the talking points without fear of enforcement regardless.
- I can’t wait to see the name of the new Orwellian organization that will back this mayor… something like Texans for the Integrity of the Pulpit (TIP) or something like that. Dems will pile on… of course. We know integrity is a great concern of theirs.
- God laughs at their antics:
Ps 2:1-4 (slightly revised by me)
Why is this mayor of Houston devising a vain thing?
The magistrates of the earth take their stand, and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, “Let us tear their fetters apart and cast away their cords from us!”
He who sits in the heavens laughs…