- Diet sodas raised the risk of diabetes more than sugar-sweetened sodas!
- Women who drank one 12-ounce diet soda had a 33 percent increased risk of type 2 diabetes and women who drank one 20-ounce soda had a 66 percent increased risk.
- Women who drank diet sodas drank twice as much as those who drank sugar- sweetened sodas because artificial sweeteners are more addictive and are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar.
- The average diet soda drinker consumes 3 diet drinks a day.
You might say that people who are overweight and just about to get diabetes drink more diet soda, but they scientifically controlled for body weight. And they found the artificial sweeteners increased diabetes independent of body weight!
This and other research shows how diet sodas make people fat and sick.
And that diet drinks may be even worse than regular sugar sweetened sodas!!
How does that happen?
- Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar activating our genetically programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.
- They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
- It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn less calories every day.
- It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.
- In animal studies, the rats that consumed artificial sweeteners ate more, their metabolism slowed, and they put on 14 percent more body fat in just two weeks – EVEN eating less calories.
- In population studies there was a 200 percent increased risk of obesity in diet soda drinkers.
I love Taylor Swift, I met her last summer. She is a wonderful person with great integrity. I don’t think she knows about this research and I hope someone shares it with her so she can save millions of children and fans from drinking Diet Coke because she endorses it.
Bottom line: There is no free ride. Diet drinks are not good substitutes for sugar-sweetened drinks. They increase cravings, weight gain, and type 2 diabetes. And they are addictive.
. . .
Bottom Line: The key point here is that all calories are NOT the same. Swap out sugar and starch for good fats such as nuts, avocados, olive oil, and grass-fed animal products or wild fish. Be a “qualitarian”. Focus on quality, on real food and the rest takes care of itself.
Script Your Main Talking Points to Combat Social Awkwardness – interesting tips.
To Get a Better Deal, Learn How to Use the Vise Gambit – Great negotiating tips. Don’t give in easily when buying cars or other big items.
Key points to remember:
- Respond to a proposal or counter-proposal with the Vise technique: “You’ll have to do better than that.”
- If it’s used on you, respond with the Counter Gambit, “Exactly how much better than that do I have to do?” This will pin the other person down to a specific.
- Concentrate on the dollar amount that’s being negotiated. Don’t be distracted by the gross amount of the sale and start thinking percentages.
- A negotiated dollar is a bottom line dollar. Be aware of what your time is worth on an hourly basis.
- You’ll never make money faster than you will when you’re Power Negotiating.
Gibbering Lunatics From Towson University Win National Debate Contest – Wow. How tragic. They actually seem to think that they have debating skills. And the poor judges had to sacrifice their integrity to execute their politically correct agenda.
LATEST EXAMPLES OF THE UNDENIABLE LINK BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALITY AND PEDOPHILIA – Make no mistake: The pedophiles are using the same arguments and tactics that the LGBTQX lobby did to normalize their behaviors.
This article is not meant to indict all homosexuals as pedophiles or even to imply that most homosexuals actually support such a horrendous thing. Nevertheless, the dangerous link between homosexuality and pedophilia is one that must not be ignored.
Despite the vociferous LGBT protestations to the contrary, homosexuals males actually do commit a disproportionate number of the child-sex abuse cases. A study in the Journal of Sex Research found that “although heterosexuals outnumber homosexuals by a ratio of at least 20 to 1, homosexual pedophiles commit about one-third of the total number of child sex offenses.”
Therefore, armed with this critical information, we can confidently conclude that since almost thirty percent of child sexual abuse is committed by homosexual or bisexual men — but less than 3% of American men self-identify as such — that homosexual or bisexual men molest children at 10 times the rate of heterosexuals. And this statistic is based upon the unlikely assumption of full reporting, meaning that the problem is probably worse than we know.
. . . These not-so-isolated incidents clearly demonstrate the precise reason why we must continue to keep homosexual men as far away as possible from our young boys, especially when we’re talking about settings like a Boy Scout campout or any other all-male overnight gathering where “gay” sexual predators are known to malevolently prowl.
. . .
Watch an honest “gay” man, Walter Lee Hampton II, explain how older men pursue sex with underage teen boys — something he has seen a lot of in his life as a homosexual. Here is his own description of the video, published February 8, 2014.
Based upon my life experiences ..if I had Teenage sons I would NOT allow them around GAY MEN!..because over the years I have seen many GAY MEN pursue TEENAGE BOYS (ages 14-17) for SEX. and I have seen this VERY OFTEN.
. . . Even Academia has inexcusably jumped on the reprobate bandwagon by co-opting the homosexual “born that way” argument and applying it to pedophilia as well. Prof. John Money of Johns Hopkins University has publicly stated that pedophilia is “no more a voluntary choice than are left-handedness or color blindness” and that it can’t be “altered, suppressed or replaced.”
Why Asian-American Students Outperform Their White Peers – Spoiler alert: They work harder. Shocking. Must be racism or something.
Elizabeth Warren knows absolutely nothing about how our economy works – Not a surprise, considering that 1. It is proven that Leftists fail at basic economics and 2. More poor people mean more voters for Democrats, so why would you expect them to actually reduce poverty?
This video is a great reminder to spend much more time focusing on Jesus than on our sins.