I barely have time to blog so I really don’t have time to address all the irrational comments that get left here. But now and then I like to analyze one to show just how extreme many of the pro-abortion people are. Here’s a comment from my latest post.
Abortion may be a personal moral issue, and you are free to think of an abortion you might undergo to be an ‘evil’. But you have no legal right to impose your morality into the legitimate health care concerns of others – others just as capable as you in understanding the moral concerns of these decisions – without undermining the rights you yourself enjoy.
All laws are tied to morality, so the “don’t force your morals on others” slogan is intellectually bankrupt.
And of course, he forgets about the “others” that are crushed and dismembered because of these “rights.” It is ironic that those who supposedly champion “human rights” ignore the most fundamental right of all: The right not to be chopped up in pieces just because someone more powerful than you doesn’t want you around.
Look, if you want to reduce the impetus to use abortion as a method of birth control, then support those methods that reduce unwanted pregnancies.
I do. I support truly comprehensive sex education, which would include:
- Abstinence is the best policy — see here and here.
- The scientific fact is that a new human being is created at fertilization.
- If you don’t have sex out of wedlock and you get a high school diploma then you are very unlikely to be poor, and you are likely to be poor if you do the opposite.
- Planned Parenthood systematically hides the evils of statutory rape and sex trafficking.
- Marriage is a union of a man and woman, and is the only combination that can create a child and that can provide a mother and a father to child (the obvious ideal).
- “Over 70% of poor, cohabiting teenagers using condoms will be pregnant within a year.” — a fact from Planned Parenthood’s stats.
- Most birth control methods offer offer zero protection against STDs.
- Birth control offers zero protection against emotional issues.
- The pill and other methods of birth control can have serious side effects.
- Surveys demonstrate that married couples have the most satisfying sex lives.
- Sex is “God’s wedding present” and great when used as designed.
- It is absolutely ridiculous for schools to dispense birth control. It sends the implicit and explicit message that you expect kids to have sex and that the adults say you should use birth control. Guess which message they will listen to and which one they will ignore?
- Parents need to supervise their kids. Giving kids unrestricted time alone with the opposite sex is virtually guaranteed to turn out badly.
- Gays have syphilis and HIV rates over 40 times the rest of the population.
- Teach the truth about the “hookup” culture, where kids barely know each other and have sex. Girls participating in “hookups” are basically acting like free prostitutes. They have all the risks of pregnancy, disease, crushed self esteem, etc., but they aren’t making any money! Somehow they convinced themselves that they are proving their equality by acting like guys do. And of course there is the associated drug and alcohol abuse required to numb their minds to what they are doing. Sad.
- Sex is Like Duct Tape — great illustration about chemicals, bonding and the pain of out-of-wedlock sex.
- Abortion is a terrible thing to do, but it is forgivable through Jesus. Go see your local crisis pregnancy center for free post abortion trauma counseling.
- Post-abortion trauma is real.
- You are much more likely to divorce and be in abusive relationships if you have sex out of wedlock and especially if you live together.
- And more facts just like that!
Support free access to birth control.
Democrats assume that includes abortifacients, but those aren’t contraception, they are abortions. Technically, abortions might be considered “birth control” but only in the most morbid and perverse way imaginable.
Free birth control does not reduce abortions. Look at Planned Parenthood’s own stats and see how high the failure rates are for teens vs. adults.
Support the use of contraceptives. Support educating our youth on these matters.
I do support education, as noted above. I just tell the truth and the whole truth, while you spread lies, pain and disease.
Support open and free access to women’s reproductive health care.
Abortion isn’t reproductive health care. The humans have already reproduced.
Support maternity leave.
Who says I oppose that? Moms should stay home with their kids, at least until they are in school. But I am not obligated to fund that. Protesting an immoral act does not obligate you to take care of its victims (even though pro-lifers do many things with their own time and money to help women and children).
Support free health care and income supplements for these mothers with young children.
It is never really free. Once again, Liberals fail at basic economics.
The list goes on. And the reason why the anti-choice crowd needs to put their collective regressive head in a paint shaker and turn it on is because these methods actually WORK to reduce unwanted pregnancies while insuring the best possible health care coverage to mothers AND their young children.
Why do you insist that we get so intimately involved in the lives of others? If you didn’t teach people that they could do whatever they wanted without consequences then they would make better decisions.
And yes, I am anti-choice — that is, anti-choice to kill innocent but unwanted human beings. And you aren’t pro-choice, you are pro-abortion, because you want to force your extremist views on others and force them to pay for abortions.
But, of course, when push comes to shove, the anti-choice crowd doesn’t want to pay the price for their imposed solution: they want young vulnerable women to pay the price for the anti-choice crowd’s religious tyrannical zealotry while hiding behind such notions as ‘protecting’ the Bill of Rights while advocating to undermine it in the name of divinely inspired morality.
Please preach more to me about vulnerable people! You seek to destroy the most vulnerable of all
Streep calls you on it, on this hypocrisy in action, this coercive push to impose misogynistic practice on women.
Yeah, I’m so misogynistic that I oppose gender-selection abortions and you support them. You know, the ones that kill females for the sole reason that they are female.
And you help Planned Parenthood hide statutory rape and sex trafficking. Tell me more about my misogyny.
And I donate time and money to crisis pregnancy centers that help women in need. Tell me more about the misogyny of all the female workers and volunteers at the clinic.
What is astounding is just how insidious the coercion of the anti-choice position when other women try to reduce the rights of their sisters thinking themselves pious rather than the incredibly stupid, arrogant bullies they really are.
Bullies? Heh. Abortion is the ultimate bullying: Literally destroying the weakest members of society. And you are the worst kind of bully: Baiting young people into the physical and emotional pain caused by out of wedlock sex, then forcing pro-lifers to pay to kill the unborn. That’s a special kind of sickness you’ve got there.