I can’t imagine why anyone would want to attend a seminary, church or even participate in a Bible study led by a theological liberal.
Consider that these folks read the Bible and do not see the following:
- Jesus is the only way to salvation — only about 100 direct and indirect passages about that, not to mention that the whole New Testament makes no sense otherwise.
- Don’t worship other Gods. Really. Any “Christian pluralists” must not have studied the Old Testament, either.
- Jesus is God — many clear passages on that one
- The Bible is the word of God and authoritative and reliable
- Jesus’ validation of the Old Testament
- The reality of miracles
- The physical resurrection of Jesus and its important to Christianity
- And more!
It is like a Genesis 3:1-fest with them constantly asking, “Did God really say ___ ?”
Then consider that these folks read the Bible and do find the following that are not really there:
- Abortion is morally acceptable
- Homosexual behavior is morally acceptable
- Oxymoronic “same sex marriage” is permissible
- Liberation theology
- And more!
The theological liberals in the church get it thoroughly wrong in both directions: Not seeing the essential elements that are so clearly there at the same time they see so many things that aren’t there. And to make it worse, they discount the whole Bible by insisting it is man-made.