Welcome! The purpose of this blog is get into God’s Word on a regular basis. The Bible is the most popular and life changing book of all time, but it is also one of the most misunderstood books. If you have never read the Bible, or if it has been a long time since you read it, give it a try. You may be surprised by what you find.
We cover one chapter every other day. I make a few comments about each chapter, but the main thing is to read the text itself. Feel free to add your own comments or just read along.
The reading itself is either linked to BibleGateway.com or included in the post. I’ll also post Bible study tips and other Bible related topics on in-between days. See previous posts in the “Bible – General” category to the left.
It is always a good idea to start by asking God to open your mind to the truths you’ll be reading from his Word. Regardless of how much you know about the Bible, you can get a lot out of it by reading as little as a chapter and following a few simple steps (I picked these up from a sermon by James MacDonald):
- What portion stands out to you? Why? (Don’t just focus on what you don’t understand, think about the things you do understand.)
- Is there an example to follow or a duty to perform?
- Is there an error to avoid?
- Is there a promise to claim? You would be surprised how many promises you’ll come across.
- Is there a sin to confess?
- Plan it – make a plan for how you will use it
- Pray it – pray scripture back to God
- Share it with others – it will help others and help you to remember it
Click here for some more Bible study tips.
Please post a comment if you have any suggestions to add. Come back soon!